Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Miracles with Einstein and Underwear

Albert Einstein, the brilliant scientist who most likely was autistic, said "There are two ways to live:  you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle."  For the past few weeks, I've been in a funk, but today I started pushing myself out.    

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the mall by myself to get a couple pairs of free underwear from Victoria's Secret.  I had two coupons- one for free underwear and another one for $10 off any purchase.  So of course I bought another pair of underwear (boy shorts, not briefs or panties).  I was ready to pay my tax (stores always charge for that), but the cashier said no, there's no tax.  Is this a small miracle?

Next was a snack yearning.  Something sweet.  Ready to shell out some money, I passed by a yogurt shop giving out free samples.  Is this a miracle?

There's also a new store at the mall- all used books for $1-3 dollars.  I ended up buying a book of Henri J.M. Nouwen's reflections (I like him better than C.S. Lewis), one by Richard Carlson (of the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" series), and another book called Resilience.  That satisfied the book lover AND cheapskate in me.  Another miracle?

On a bigger note, I was thinking of all the things that seemed to be crashing down in my life.  N's summer therapy program was rejected by the Regional Center.  This was after spending months petitioning for it since April and running around calling and stalking every Joe, Moe and Larry available.  But a week after the denial, the hospital called to say they were going to give N a scholarship for half the cost.  Definitely a miracle.

A bunch of other things too, that seemed so crucial and upsetting, now has passed.  I consider it a miracle that the situations are done and I do not have to think about them anymore.  I am convinced that there are miracles everywhere.  It's just allowing my heart to believe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment